ABOUT PLASMA VISCOMETRY
Benson Viscometers Ltd is a British company that manufactures, distributes and maintains a range of clinical viscometers, tuned to analyse blood plasma viscosity.
The range includes a fully automated walk away high volume analyser (BV200) capable of processing 60 samples per hour for large laboratories and a semi automated analyser (BV1) suitable for small laboratories performing up to 50 samples a day.
The company also supplies a full range of control and maintenance reagents to give operators confidence in their results.
For confidence in your results
An increasing number of laboratories are electing to use Plasma Viscosity routinely in preference to erythrocyte sedimentation testing (ESR). This is because Plasma Viscosity results are easier to imterpret and results can be fully validated.
WHAT THE PROFESSIONALS SAY
“Benson Viscometers is the UK leader for plasma viscosity testing systems and we have had a long relationship with Bernie Benson. The BV1 is superbly engineered and easy to use, with a modified PC cabinet and a small footprint. Customer support is second to none.”
Graham Gibbs MSc CSci FIBMS, Lead Biomedical Scientist, Haematology Dept., Musgrove Park Hospital.
SOME PLASMA VISCOMETRY FACTS
- Patient plasma viscosity (PV) is unaffected by patient anaemia or polycythaemia
- Samples can be analysed up to one week after centrifugation
- Test results are not affected by anti-inflammatory drugs
- Patient PV is not affected by age (>3 years), gender or smoking
- A rise of PV in the third trimester of pregnancy is predictable
- The only diagnostic test for plasma hyperviscosity