Benson Viscometers Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.bensonviscometers.com and by providing personal data to us, you are acknowledging to the practices described in this statement.
In accordance with the Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (UK GDPR), we only process personal data if at least one lawful basis has been identified.
At least one of these must apply whenever you process personal data:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests. (This cannot apply if you are a public authority processing data to perform your official tasks.)
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR, the Data Controller is Benson Viscometers Ltd, Croft Quarry, West Williamston, Pembrokeshire SA68 0TN operating from Unit H-North Estate, Withybush Road, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This can include, but is not limited to: submitting an on-line enquiry form, request to change / update of your personal details, contact preferences and when you log a fault or query. The information you may give us could include your name, work address, work e-mail address and work phone number.
- Information we collect about you. We only collect personal data we actually need for our business requirements. We periodically review the data we hold and may ask you to confirm information such as:
- Name, work phone number, work email address & work address.
- Information we do not collect about you. We currently do not collect any details that are sensitive. When you visit our website bensonviscometers.com we currently do not collect any of the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information from other sources. Our website www.bensonviscometers.com uses a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect anonymous information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site.
We use Google Analytics information only to improve our site and user experience. Google Analytics collects only anonymous IP addresses assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with any personally identifiable information.
We use the term cookie to describe cookies and similar technologies such as tags and pixels. Cookies are small data files that websites place on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- To improve the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don’t.
- To deliver relevant online advertising to you both on our websites and elsewhere. This is sometimes done by combining data that we already have about you with the data collected through Cookies. These Cookies are placed by us and selected third parties and enable adverts to be presented to you on our and third party websites.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our websites.
- To improve your experience on our website.
Uses Made of the Information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To administer quotations
- To administer tenders
- For the provision of services
- To monitor and maintain quality, standards and training
- To notify you about changes to our service
- Performance and contract management
When necessary, we do use courier and postal services which requires us to provide a name and work contact details for a recipient. Each of these services will have their own Privacy Statement to which you can refer. If you would like more information on which service providers we use, please contact our Data Controller.
Discloser of Your Information
In order to meet contractual obligations and to maintain our service, information we will be shared with 3rd parties only for the reasons of the business including but not limited to technical and service support. All contracted 3rd parties have a signed agreement to adhere to our Data Protection Policy as well as provide us with evidence of their GDPR compliance.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
While we use strong encryption whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted by you to our website www.bensonviscometers.com; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Any documentation is securely stored protected by access control systems.
You have the right to ask us the following information:
- What information we hold about you and why
- How we use any information we hold
- How to gain access to the information we hold
- Inform us how to keep it up to date
- Inform you how we meet our data protection obligations
- How to have your data removed from our systems
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at The Data Controller, Benson Viscometers Ltd., Unit H-North Estate, Withybush Road, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BS or by email@example.com
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at The Data Controller, Benson Viscometers Ltd., Unit H-North Estate, Withybush Road, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 4BS or by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the UK GDPR. In most instances, no fee will be applicable for a subject access request.