BV1 Plasma Viscometer
- Ideal for up to 50 samples per day
- Carry-over level of <0.01mPa.s
- Fast turn-around
- Direct sampling from primary blood tubes reducing biohazard risks
- Can use the same test as full blood count tubes, eliminating additional samples
- Uses only 80 micro-litres of plasma (requires1 ml of whole blood)
- Suitable for paediatrics and adults
- Accommodates all leading blood collection tube manufacturers
- Barcode reading at time of test
- Automatic check and calibration with traceability and work records
- Automated cleaning between every sample
- Tests at 37°C, reports at 25°C or 37°C
- Network interface capability
- Operator password logon
For Pricing Information Please
The BV1 is a plasma viscometer designed and manufactured by Benson Viscometers. This model is ideal for 1-50 samples per day.
Our analyser is able to measure the viscosity of plasma samples and can be used as an effective, stable diagnostic tool to screen and monitor patients for conditions that include rheumatoid arthritis, myeloma and plasma hyperviscosity.
The BV1 also provides consistent, accurate results with the aid of regular quality control samples. Network interface capability adds essential traceability and records that can be easily accessed using our in-house software.
In addition to this, our plasma viscometers have a very fast turnaround time with minimal downtime, as automated cleaning cycles are performed between each blood plasma sample.
To reduce biohazard risks the test samples are directly taken from full blood count tubes and can eliminate the need for additional samples to be taken from adult or paediatric patients.
The portable and compact nature of our viscometer means it can easily be integrated into busy laboratories. Patient confidentiality is maintained as our machines only store the barcode number. The machine requires an operator login and password, ensuring that only trained and qualified personnel are able to access the viscometer.
Benson Viscometers are flexible in our approach to supplying calibration and specialist cleaning reagents. We are able to map out the specific requirements for these products which can be supplied by contract or on an ad-hoc basis as required.
The operation of the BV1 is simple and effective;
An overview of the process is as follows.
- Take the sample in an anti-coagulant EDTA primary tube. You do not need to remove the cap.
- Ensure it has been centrifuged for at least 3 min at 3000 rpm.
- You can use samples that have been previously used for a full blood count and other tests. This can be up to several days after the collection of the sample.
- Scan the barcode and insert the tube into the viscometer tube holder.
- The viscometer screen will automatically display on screen instruction which guides the user through the whole process using visual cues.
- Push the sample holder back so the tube is under the test probe.
- Raise the sample holder by turning the wheel.
- The probe will penetrate the cap.
- The tube is raised until the red marker is level with the top of the fluid.
- Press Test, a sample of 50-80 micro litres is then taken from the sample tube.
- The test will then be analysed and the instructions will be display on screen.
- Lower the sample holder from the probe using the wheel by turning it anti-clockwise.
- Use the red lever to bring the sample forward. Then raise the sample, to allow the probe to enter the wash chamber. You can then remove the sample.
- This completes the process. Results can be printed or transferred to a laboratory information management system.